Before applying to Native Voices Rising, please review the following questions to determine whether you meet our funding guidelines:
- Is your organization based in and serving a Native community or population?
- Does your organization have a strong set of leaders and board members comprised of 51% Native Americans, who represent and are accountable to the community that is served?
- Does your organization have a leadership development or political education program for Native community members?
- Does your organization engage Native community members in determining priorities and the focus of its programs?
- Does your organization engage a significant number of community members to take collective action to promote public policy or campaign for corporate accountability to address the problems in your community? (This can be at the tribal, local, state, national or international levels, as well as against corporate actors)
- Does your organization have IRS 501(c)3 tax-exempt status, 7871 Designation or a fiscal sponsor who does?
EXCLUSIONS (what we do NOT fund)
We are UNABLE to support the following:
- Organizations that are not based in the United States
- Grantmaking or re-granting institutions
- Capital campaigns, construction or renovation programs, endowments
- Scholarship funds or other aid to individuals
- Research or fellowships
- Land trusts/land acquisitions
- Government sponsored programs or programs undertaken by tax-supported institutions
- Films, books or other stand-alone documentation projects,
- Emergency funding
If your organization fits all or most of the above eligibility criteria, then you may submit an online application to Common Counsel Foundation. Please submit your Application via our online grant portal. Note that if you are a new applicant, you will need to register to obtain a user account. The grant portal can be found at www.nativevoicesrising.org/apply.
Final decisions will be announced November 2020.
(Note: please mark firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe sender to ensure you receive email notifications).
Please note that this opportunity is for NEW groups and PAST grant partners who are currently not supported by NVR. Current NVR grant partners are eligible for additional support without the need to submit an application.